The Essent cloud team designs, builds and runs the cloud infrastructure that is consumed by other DevOps teams and apps within our ARTs.
You don’t just see opportunities as a Senior Cloud Architect, you make rapid and full use of them in:
- Working closely with the DevOps engineers to deliver high quality solutions, by challenging requirements and defining the solution together
- Writing and implementing infrastructure as code that delivers stable, performant and secure Essent services and solutions
- Actively promoting recommendations for needed landscape improvements to corresponding product owners and product managers
- Analyzing of major incidents which affect the entire data landscape, participate in root cause problem solving sessions
- Creating, contributing and evangelizing the cloud roadmap
- Continuously looking for improvements in the overall IT landscape to improve the availability, advise and support delivery teams in implementing improvement measures for team specific applications (for new and existing applications)
- Working closely with the Systems team to automate measures to improve availability for generic applications and infrastructure
- Supporting in organizing stand-by shifts outside operating hours
- A flexible and proactive / hands-on approach in the context of a dynamic working environment. (You are able to keep overview, while delivering practical solutions within the strategic context)
- Demonstrable experience in requirement engineering
You’ll join the Platform & Automation team in the Shared Services department. The colleagues in the team combine their strengths to make a difference by contributing to our way of working, to further professionalize and strengthen the cloud competence within the team, and the Essent development organization. This includes investigating new technologies. And last but not least they are involved in the entirety of the product lifecycle of requests – from requirements engineering and design, through build, run and potentially decommissioning.
In this role you will work specifically for the energiedirect.nl and Essent brand.
Energiedirect.nl, the premium brand among budget brands. We offer a price that competes with the cheapest in the market, but with an astonishingly good online service. We keep on fulfilling that promise for our customers with a team of sharp, decisive and positive people. At energiedirect.nl you participate in discussions about the plans, you contribute ideas and you are given your own responsibility. This comes of course with a lot of humor and ‘Brabantse gezelligheid!’.. That works!
Essent is our full-service brand for consumers and SME. At Essent, we not only know a lot about energy, but also about customers. We want to help consumers and companies in an accessible way, step-by-step, to make their home or business more sustainable. With the aim of saving energy. We do this together with our installers in the country. Not by making plans for the distant future; we know what is going on with customers today and we really do something with it. Essent helps you today with all your energy solutions. Big or small. For a carefree feeling – now and in the future.
Working together as one team to win our customers’ loyalty. It gives you an energy boost like no other. We can only grow by being enterprising, asking critical questions and always wanting to do better. This applies to you as a member of the Essent team and us as a company. Whether you prefer to work behind the scenes or in the spotlight. It doesn’t matter. Will you make an impact for yourself, the team and our customers? Then you tick all the boxes if you also have:
- Experience in a AWS cloud environment: AWS certification is required
- Software development skills (NodeJS/Typescript, AWS SDK, AWS CDK, git/software configuration management workflows)
- Demonstrable strong grasp of cloud security principles and a track record of applying them
- Experience working with serverless and container technologies (ECS Fargate)
- Experience with DevOps principles and practices as well as CI/CD principles and tools (Gitlab, Octopus, Antifactory, SAFe)
- Solid written and oral communication skills in English
You’re in top form. A real member of the Essent team in heart and soul, who works shoulder to shoulder for a single goal. If you have DBA skills covering AWS RDS and nosql/dynamodb services, as well as mysql/postgress/oracle that would be a plus.
You believe in yourself, the team and the company. And us? We reward you for all your hard work: with money, opportunities and personal growth. Because you always deliver the best for our customers, we offer you (based on 40 hours a week):
- A job at the number 1 in the Dutch energy sector and part of important European player E.ON. We continue to grow, innovate and develop.
- A gross monthly salary between € 5.296 and € 8.870, precisely tailored to your level
- A bonus opportunity of 10% or A fixed year-end bonus to express our appreciation even more
- 30 vacation days because you have other hobbies besides your work
- All facilities to be able to work properly such as a laptop, telephone, home workplace, etc.
- The opportunity to work hybrid including the associated homework allowance
- An inspiring head office with a good coffee bar, two company restaurants and within walking distance of Den Bosch Central Station.
- The opportunity to work according to the Essent Business System
- We recommend that you travel to work by public transport. A nice extra: you will receive an NS Business Card from us. Prefer to travel with your own transport? Then you will receive a kilometer allowance
- A wide range of development and career opportunities nationally and internationally
- And last but not least: an environment in which you can be yourself completely. We believe that the differences in our Essenters help us to remain the number 1 position in energy.
This is the ideal opportunity to make an impact as a Senior Cloud Architect. Would you like to know more about what happens next? Check the steps in our application procedure below.
Part of the job interview assessment is a small architecting and coding challenge.
We’re the market leader in the supply of energy and gas in the Netherlands. A position we’re proud of. Every day, we find newer and smarter ways of being the best together, as one team. We have focus, ownership and discipline. Our straightforward mentality helps us retain the loyalty of millions of consumers and businesses. Not just in energy and gas, but also in energy-related products and services that help the Netherlands become more sustainable. And we don’t wait until tomorrow. As part of E.ON, and with our brands Essent, energiedirect.nl, Powerhouse and Vandebron, we create impact for our customers. Together, we bring affordable energy solutions within reach for everyone.